Who can be a member?
Any student in SA can become a member of Varsity Vibe. Age is but a number – if you’re a student (no matter how old), you can join.
Which Skipper Bar stores offer Varsity Vibe membership discount?
- Shop 9A Mafikeng Mall, Cnr Nelson Mandela Dr & Carney Rd, Mahikeng, North West 018 381 0233
- Shop 151 A Central Park, Hanger Str, Bloemfontein, Orange Free State 051 430 0309
- Shop 5A Mvusuludzo Mall, Tshanduka Str, Thohoyandou, Limpopo 015 962 5485
- Shop 151 Newtown Junction, Carr Str, Newtown, Johannesburg CBD, Gauteng 011 492 0515
- Shop 19 Riverwalk Shopping Centre, Cnr Mooirivier & Lombard Str, Potchefstroom 015 491 1304
How much does a membership cost?
Membership costs R200 (once-off) for 12 months from date of purchase. That works out to less than R17/month.
So, let’s say you join 18 May 2016, your membership will only expire on 17 May 2017 etc.
Can I pay Cash?
Yes. You can pay cash at one of our vibe agents and they will activate you on the spot.
What do I need to become a Varsity Vibe member?
You need to:
- be a registered student in South Africa;
- own an Apple or Android compatible phone/device; and
- be able to pay the R200 membership fee
(remember that’s a once off fee for the 12 month membership which equates to less then R17/month).
Do I need the app?
Yes! The only way you can redeem a deal is with the Varsity Vibe app. Each partner offering a deal will ask to see your completed “My Profile” screen (i.e. you have uploaded a profile pic of yourself) at the very least. Some will need to scan your barcode / QR code.
How long does a Varsity Vibe membership last?
A Varsity Vibe Membership is valid for 12 months from the date of payment of the R200 membership fee. That works out to less than R17/month (i.e. if you signed up at the beginning of the year but only pay to be a full member on 13 November 2016, you will be a full member until 13 November 2017).
I have signed up and now want to pay.
If you are using the app, click on a deal which will have a padlock next to it. This will immediately take you to where you are in the signup process.
STEP 2 (Verify your uni) – input your student number and choose your university. We will send an email to your university email account with a link you will need to click to complete your university verification.
STEP 3 (Payment) – you can select one of our available payment options. Payment options include:
- Credit card: VISA or MasterCard
- Debit Cards: (ABSA, Standard Bank, FNB, Nedbank & Capitec customers who have a chip card)
- EFT directly into our bank account
- Pay CASH via a Vibe Agent – to find out more please checkout our Vibe Agent page
How do I get a Varsity Vibe card?
You can’t. The Varsity Vibe app has replaced the card. No App = No membership = No deals.
What is a Vibe Agent?
A vibe agent is a student/someone who works for us. You can pay them the R200 membership fee in cash and they will be able to activate your Varsity Vibe membership on the spot! For more info, please check out our Vibe Agent page.
What universities & colleges does it apply to?
Please see a list of Institutions below. Should your University/College not appear here, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- CPUT – Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- CTI/MGI Education Group
- CTU Training Solutions
- DUT – Durban University of Technology
- Kovsies – UFS – University of the Free State
- Maties – University of Stellenbosch
- Rosebank College – Independent Institution of Education
- SAE Institute
- Stellenbosch Academy of Design & Photography
- TUKS/UP – University of Pretoria
- TUT – Tshwane University of Technology
- UCT – University of Cape Town
- UJ – University of Johannesburg
- UKZN – University of KwaZula-Natal
- UNISA – University of South Africa
- UWC – University of the Western Cape
- Varsity College
- WITS – University of the Witwatersrand
My university / college is not on the list?
Please email us at email@example.com
I never received my verification email, what do I do now?
The verification email was sent to your student email address so please ensure you are checking the correct email address inbox. Should you still not see it please check your spam / junk folder.
If it is not there please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will gladly assist.
How do I get my deal?
Simply go in store, go to the checkout and show your Varsity Vibe App “My Profile” screen to the cashier / waitron. Please ensure you are a paid member and have uploaded your profile picture. The cashier/waitress uses the profile pic to identify it is you. No profile pic, no deal!
What happens if I don’t have my phone (i.e. the App) on me and I want to go shopping?
You won’t be able to get any of the deals. All our retail partners have the right to request your Varsity Vibe “ My Profile” screen upon redemption of the deal/discount.
Where are the deals located?
The deals are located all around South Africa. To find out more on a specific deal please visit varsityvibe.co.za and click on the deal you are interested in. If you scroll down you will see all the locations / branches listed below as well as the “Terms & Conditions” applicable to that deal.
What is a referral code?
A referral code is a unique 6-digit sequence, which every member is assigned should they want to refer a friend. This code lets us know which friends you have recruited using our “Refer Friends” feature. Please note: If a referral code is not used or used incorrectly the referral commission will not be transferred to you.
Where do I find my unique referral code?
Your referral code can be found in pink in the left hand corner of you profile picture on your “My Profile” screen.
I referred a friend but never received my R40?
Have you given us your banking details yet? Please check your personal email for an email from us asking for your bank details. If you never receive the email please check your spam / junk folders. If you have still not received an email from us, please email us at email@example.com we will gladly assist.
Ikeys and Wits Vibe members get a FREE Varsity Vibe membership. If you refer such a member, then you do not get a R40 referral fee. (ie if Varsity Vibe does not receive a R200 payment, we cannot pay a R40 commission/referral fee).
If you aren’t a full Varsity Vibe member yet, there are 2 options available:
- You complete step 3 (pay) and become a full Varsity Vibe member, in which case we pay the cash into your bank account for all your successful referrals and every other person you successfully recruit thereafter; or
- We accumulate the R40 for each successful referral you make until you reach R200 (5 successful recruits) and you get an automatic VV membership. All referrals thereafter will be paid direct into your bank account.
What happens if I don’t give Varsity Vibe my bank details and a friend signed up using my referral code?
You will not make the R40 commission. If you don’t give us your details within 3 months of the code being used you forfeit any commission that we owe you and the money will be given to a charity of our choice.
How long will the referral money take to reflect in my bank account?
This will be dependent on your bank but it normally takes 48 – 72 hours.
What happens if a friend forgets to use my referral code?
Too bad, so sad! The money will not be transferred into your account. Unfortunately, no adjustments can be made after your friend has signed up as this is all automatically generated. This is why it is very important to make sure that your friend uses your referral code at the time of sign up.
I want to change my profile picture.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.